Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sweet Lemon Magazine Issue No.6

I was thrilled when I received an email in August asking me to contribute to a second issue of Sweet Lemon Magazine. My last post recapped my experience contributing to Issue No.5 (July/August), but I am excited to share the latest issue, which launched today. Talented illustrator Inslee is our newest cover girl! And, I must say, the team has outdone itself this time.




While my article in this issue is much different than How to Be Your Own PR Girl, I had just as much fun writing it. I was asked to create a non-tourist guide to New York City. While most visitors stick to the same itinerary on a trip to Manhattan, I compiled a list of favorite restaurants, boutiques, experiences, etc. that show a more authentic side of the city. Because I've built my personal list of favorites around word-of-mouth recommendations from friends, I asked some fabulous city girls to help compile this list. You can see their Twitter handles under my suggestion for each category. Thanks, ladies! Finally, I had my second SLM photo shoot with Alexandra Johnston at The Highline, which I name as my favorite City Experience. It was a little less intimidating posing at The Highline than in the middle of Times Square. Enjoy reading my latest article, as well as the rest of Issue No.6. It's time to cross #12 off my 25 Before 25 list!


No comments:

Post a Comment