Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy





I feel like I'm having déjà vu from Hurricane Irene. As Hurricane Sandy approaches New York City, Zone A (high risk of flooding) is being evacuated and the subway system is being shut down. Thankfully, I'm in Zone C. People are rushing to buy flashlights, candles, nonperishable food, bottled water, and alcohol (haha). All of this buildup happened at the end of last summer, but Irene was worse in the suburbs than in the city. Because of that semi-false alarm and last night's Halloween celebrations, I don't think New Yorkers are taking Sandy as seriously.

Still, while the rain hasn't started yet, many people are planning to work from home tomorrow or not at all. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to working from my couch, as long as we don't lose power or Internet. In all seriousness, everyone on the East Coast be safe.

If you're in NYC, follow Mayor Bloomberg's office on Twitter for updates.





1 comment: