Sunday, September 9, 2012

Black & Yellow Street Style

While I often talk about life in Manhattan, the first city that I fell in love with was Pittsburgh. I was born and raised there, as were my parents and grandparents. I grew up living minutes from my family, eating Italian and Polish-inspired foods, and cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers. In a recent Sweet Lemon Magazine blog post, I wrote:
"Since I went off to college, then moved to Manhattan, I'm often asked the same first question when I tell people that I grew up in Pittsburgh: 'Are you a Steelers fan?' I always laugh and tell them that if you're from Pittsburgh, you don't have much of a choice. Black and gold runs through your blood. I have awesome memories of attending Steelers games in the bitter cold with my dad and brother, complete with a painted face and hand warmers in my gloves. I've even had the privilege of watching my team win two Superbowls (ahem...six total) in my lifetime. Yes, I am a true female NFL fan."
In honor of the first NFL Sunday of the season, a little black and yellow street style. While my gameday attire usually resembles something more like the gear in the above post, this would be my style inspiration if there was a catwalk entrance to the stadium.
Reppin' my town when you see meYou know everythingBlack and yellow, black and yellowBlack and yellow, black and yellowWiz Khalifa



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! Beyond black and yellow being the colors of my favorite team, I happen to love it, too.

      Delete
  2. Love love love these looks! The color combo is great!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giovanna! While this isn't actually "gold", neon yellow against black is just too fun.

      Delete
  3. Love it !
    Come have a look on my blog http://vivinvogue.blogspot.com/ :)

    xx Virginie

    http://vivinvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Virginie! I definitely will take a look.

    ReplyDelete