Before Issue No.6 of Sweet Lemon Magazine goes live on Saturday, I wanted to take a look back at Issue No.5--the first that I contributed to! I talked in my last post about applying to contribute on a whim and was incredibly excited when I received an email asking me to do so. Issue No.5, which went live in July, features the beautiful Sarah Vickers on the cover. If you haven't had a chance to read it, catch up on a few of my favorite features from the Summer issue:
The Broke Girl's Guide to New York City -- Sarah's tips for surviving life in Manhattan on a budget are hilarious (but true).
We're Sweet On -- Because Carly, Paris, and Melissa have such great taste. I especially love Melissa's soft picks.
Basil Strawberry Lemonade Granitas -- The picture alone makes my taste buds pucker. I still need to make this!
I suppose my own article, How to Be Your Own PR Girl, is also one of my favorites! As I was rounding out my first year working at a PR agency, I realized how well the strategies we use for clients could be applied to life in general. That realization was the inspiration for this piece. The fabulous photos below were snapped by Alyssa Greenberg in Times Square. We took a few in front of the Conde Naste building, as well. It was quite an experience posing for a photographer in the middle of New York City's biggest attraction, as it was my first time "modeling." For those of you who have asked me about the studded leather jacket, it belongs to Alyssa. She's just a little more fashionable than I am.
For my next piece, focused on life in Manhattan, check out Issue No.6 on Saturday. I had my second modelling experience with a little less lipstick and leather, a little more cupcakes and sweaters.


No comments:
Post a Comment